- The 13th letter of the Greek alphabet
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: USN
- The navy of the United States of America; the agency that maintains and trains and equips combat-ready naval forces
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) See Sunn.
- (n.) The luminous orb, the light of which constitutes day, and its absence night; the central body round which the earth and planets revolve, by which they are held in their orbits, and from which they receive light and heat. Its mean distance from the earth is about 92,500,000 miles, and its diameter about 860,000.
- (n.) Any heavenly body which forms the center of a system of orbs.
- (n.) The direct light or warmth of the sun; sunshine.
- (n.) That which resembles the sun, as in splendor or importance; any source of light, warmth, or animation.
- (v. t.) To expose to the sun's rays; to warm or dry in the sun; as, to sun cloth; to sun grain.