- (superl.) Bold; courageous; daring; intrepid; -- opposed to cowardly; as, a brave man; a brave act.
- (superl.) Having any sort of superiority or excellence; -- especially such as in conspicuous.
- (superl.) Making a fine show or display.
- (n.) A brave person; one who is daring.
- (n.) Specifically, an Indian warrior.
- (n.) A man daring beyond discretion; a bully.
- (n.) A challenge; a defiance; bravado.
- (v. t.) To encounter with courage and fortitude; to set at defiance; to defy; to dare.
- (v. t.) To adorn; to make fine or showy.
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.