Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: VAN
- (n.) The front of an army; the first line or leading column; also, the front line or foremost division of a fleet, either in sailing or in battle.
- (n.) A shovel used in cleansing ore.
- (n.) A light wagon, either covered or open, used by tradesmen and others fore the transportation of goods.
- (n.) A large covered wagon for moving furniture, etc., also for conveying wild beasts, etc., for exhibition.
- (n.) A close railway car for baggage. See the Note under Car, 2.
- (n.) A fan or other contrivance, as a sieve, for winnowing grain.
- (n.) A wing with which the air is beaten.
- (v. t.) To wash or cleanse, as a small portion of ore, on a shovel.
- (v. t.) To fan, or to cleanse by fanning; to winnow.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!