- (n.) A plant of the genus Geum, esp. Geum urbanum, or herb bennet.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: VANES
- A fin attached to the tail of an arrow, bomb or missile in order to stabilize or guide it
- Mechanical device attached to an elevated structure; rotates freely to show the direction of the wind
- The flattened weblike part of a feather consisting of a series of barbs on either side of the shaft
- Flat surface that rotates and pushes against air or water
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- British archaeologist who excavated the palace of Knossos in Crete to find what he called Minoan civilization (1851-1941)
- United States anatomist who identified four pituitary hormones and discovered vitamin E (1882-1971)
- The central area of a church
- Hub of a wheel