- Turn away or aside; "They averted their eyes when the King entered"
- Prevent the occurrence of; prevent from happening; "Let's avoid a confrontation"; "head off a confrontation"; "avert a strike"
- WARD OFF
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definition for: VASTER
- (v. i.) To die; to perish.
- (v. i.) To perish with hunger; to suffer extreme hunger or want; to be very indigent.
- (v. i.) To perish or die with cold.
- (v. t.) To destroy with cold.
- (v. t.) To kill with hunger; as, maliciously to starve a man is, in law, murder.
- (v. t.) To distress or subdue by famine; as, to starvea garrison into a surrender.
- (v. t.) To destroy by want of any kind; as, to starve plans by depriving them of proper light and air.
- (v. t.) To deprive of force or vigor; to disable.
- A horizontal beam that extends across something