Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: VAT
- (n.) A large vessel, cistern, or tub, especially one used for holding in an immature state, chemical preparations for dyeing, or for tanning, or for tanning leather, or the like.
- (n.) A measure for liquids, and also a dry measure; especially, a liquid measure in Belgium and Holland, corresponding to the hectoliter of the metric system, which contains 22.01 imperial gallons, or 26.4 standard gallons in the United States.
- (n.) A wooden tub for washing ores and mineral substances in.
- (n.) A square, hollow place on the back of a calcining furnace, where tin ore is laid to dry.
- (n.) A vessel for holding holy water.
- (v. t.) To put or transfer into a vat.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!