- (n.) Alt. of Avoset
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) The eighth day after a church festival, the festival day being included; also, the week following a church festival.
- (n.) The eighth tone in the scale; the interval between one and eight of the scale, or any interval of equal length; an interval of five tones and two semitones.
- (n.) The whole diatonic scale itself.
- (n.) The first two stanzas of a sonnet, consisting of four verses each; a stanza of eight lines.
- (n.) A small cask of wine, the eighth part of a pipe.
- (a.) Consisting of eight; eight.