- A blemish on the skin that is formed before birth
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: VINE
- (n.) Any woody climbing plant which bears grapes.
- (n.) Hence, a climbing or trailing plant; the long, slender stem of any plant that trails on the ground, or climbs by winding round a fixed object, or by seizing anything with its tendrils, or claspers; a creeper; as, the hop vine; the bean vine; the vines of melons, squashes, pumpkins, and other cucurbitaceous plants.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) One of the vessels which carry blood, either venous or arterial, to the heart. See Artery, 2.
- (n.) One of the similar branches of the framework of a leaf.
- (n.) One of the ribs or nervures of the wings of insects. See Venation.
- (n.) A narrow mass of rock intersecting other rocks, and filling inclined or vertical fissures not corresponding with the stratification; a lode; a dike; -- often limited, in the language of miners, to a mineral vein or lode, that is, to a vein which contains useful minerals or ores.
- (n.) A fissure, cleft, or cavity, as in the earth or other substance.
- (n.) A streak or wave of different color, appearing in wood, and in marble and other stones; variegation.
- (n.) A train of association, thoughts, emotions, or the like; a current; a course.
- (n.) Peculiar temper or temperament; tendency or turn of mind; a particular disposition or cast of genius; humor; strain; quality; also, manner of speech or action; as, a rich vein of humor; a satirical vein.
- (v. t.) To form or mark with veins; to fill or cover with veins.