- United States lithographer who (with his partner Nathaniel Currier) produced thousands of prints signed `Currier & Ives' (1824-1895)
- United States composer noted for his innovative use of polytonality (1874-1954)
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: VISE
- (n.) An instrument consisting of two jaws, closing by a screw, lever, cam, or the like, for holding work, as in filing.
- (n.) An indorsement made on a passport by the proper authorities of certain countries on the continent of Europe, denoting that it has been examined, and that the person who bears it is permitted to proceed on his journey; a visa.
- (v. t.) To examine and indorse, as a passport; to visa.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Compete for something; engage in a contest; measure oneself against others