- (v. i.) To prate; to jabber; to babble.
- (v. i.) To flatter; to wheedle.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) Small stones, or fragments of stone; very small pebbles, often intermixed with particles of sand.
- (n.) A deposit of small calculous concretions in the kidneys and the urinary or gall bladder; also, the disease of which they are a symptom.
- (v. t.) To cover with gravel; as, to gravel a walk.
- (v. t.) To run (as a ship) upon the gravel or beach; to run aground; to cause to stick fast in gravel or sand.
- (v. t.) To check or stop; to embarrass; to perplex.
- (v. t.) To hurt or lame (a horse) by gravel lodged between the shoe and foot.