Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: VULGAR
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the mass, or multitude, of people; common; general; ordinary; public; hence, in general use; vernacular.
- (a.) Belonging or relating to the common people, as distinguished from the cultivated or educated; pertaining to common life; plebeian; not select or distinguished; hence, sometimes, of little or no value.
- (a.) Hence, lacking cultivation or refinement; rustic; boorish; also, offensive to good taste or refined feelings; low; coarse; mean; base; as, vulgar men, minds, language, or manners.
- (n.) One of the common people; a vulgar person.
- (n.) The vernacular, or common language.