- (New Testament) disciple of Jesus; brother of Peter; patron saint of Scotland
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: WANDER
- (v. i.) To ramble here and there without any certain course or with no definite object in view; to range about; to stroll; to rove; as, to wander over the fields.
- (v. i.) To go away; to depart; to stray off; to deviate; to go astray; as, a writer wanders from his subject.
- (v. i.) To be delirious; not to be under the guidance of reason; to rave; as, the mind wanders.
- (v. t.) To travel over without a certain course; to traverse; to stroll through.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A keeper; a guardian; a watchman.
- (n.) An officer who keeps or guards; a keeper; as, the warden of a prison.
- (n.) A head official; as, the warden of a college; specifically (Eccl.), a churchwarden.
- (n.) A large, hard pear, chiefly used for baking and roasting.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Warn