- (adv.) Over again; another time; in a new form; afresh; as, to arm anew; to create anew.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: WANE
- (n.) The decrease of the illuminated part of the moon to the eye of a spectator.
- (n.) Decline; failure; diminution; decrease; declension.
- (n.) An inequality in a board.
- (v. i.) To be diminished; to decrease; -- contrasted with wax, and especially applied to the illuminated part of the moon.
- (v. i.) To decline; to fail; to sink.
- (v. t.) To cause to decrease.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a.) To accustom and reconcile, as a child or other young animal, to a want or deprivation of mother's milk; to take from the breast or udder; to cause to cease to depend on the mother nourishment.
- (a.) Hence, to detach or alienate the affections of, from any object of desire; to reconcile to the want or loss of anything.
- (n.) A weanling; a young child.