- (superl.) Not clerical; laic; laical; hence, unlearned; simple.
- (superl.) Belonging to the lower classes, or the rabble; idle and lawless; bad; vicious.
- (superl.) Given to the promiscuous indulgence of lust; dissolute; lustful; libidinous.
- (superl.) Suiting, or proceeding from, lustfulness; involving unlawful sexual desire; as, lewd thoughts, conduct, or language.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: WELD
- (n.) An herb (Reseda luteola) related to mignonette, growing in Europe, and to some extent in America; dyer's broom; dyer's rocket; dyer's weed; wild woad. It is used by dyers to give a yellow color.
- (n.) Coloring matter or dye extracted from this plant.
- (n.) The state of being welded; the joint made by welding.
- (v. t.) To wield.
- (v. t.) To press or beat into intimate and permanent union, as two pieces of iron when heated almost to fusion.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To unite closely or intimately.