- (v. i.) To be overcome and faint with heat; to be ready to perish with heat.
- (v. i.) To welter; to soak.
- (v. t.) To oppress with heat.
- (v. t.) To exude, like sweat.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: WELTERS
- A confused multitude of things
- Be immersed in; "welter in work"
- Roll around, "pigs were wallowing in the mud"
- Toss, roll, or rise and fall in an uncontrolled way; "The shipwrecked survivors weltered in the sea for hours"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) To contend, by grappling with, and striving to trip or throw down, an opponent; as, they wrestled skillfully.
- (v. t.) Hence, to struggle; to strive earnestly; to contend.
- (v. t.) To wrestle with; to seek to throw down as in wrestling.
- (n.) A struggle between two persons to see which will throw the other down; a bout at wrestling; a wrestling match; a struggle.