- (superl.) Having existed, or having been made, but a short time; having originated or occured lately; having recently come into existence, or into one's possession; not early or long in being; of late origin; recent; fresh; modern; -- opposed to old, as, a new coat; a new house; a new book; a new fashion.
- (superl.) Not before seen or known, although existing before; lately manifested; recently discovered; as, a new metal; a new planet; new scenes.
- (superl.) Newly beginning or recurring; starting anew; now commencing; different from has been; as, a new year; a new course or direction.
- (superl.) As if lately begun or made; having the state or quality of original freshness; also, changed for the better; renovated; unworn; untried; unspent; as, rest and travel made him a new man.
- (superl.) Not of ancient extraction, or of a family of ancient descent; not previously kniwn or famous.
- (superl.) Not habituated; not familiar; unaccustomed.
- (superl.) Fresh from anything; newly come.
- (adv.) Newly; recently.
- (v. t. & i.) To make new; to renew.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: WEN
- A common cyst of the skin; filled with fatty matter (sebum) that is secreted by a sebaceous gland that has been blocked