- (n.) The letter Y.
- (n.) A kind of crotch. See Y, n. (a).
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: WEY
- (n.) Way; road; path.
- (n.) A certain measure of weight.
- (v. t. & i.) To weigh.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. i.) See Yaw.
- (n.) An evergreen tree (Taxus baccata) of Europe, allied to the pines, but having a peculiar berrylike fruit instead of a cone. It frequently grows in British churchyards.
- (n.) The wood of the yew. It is light red in color, compact, fine-grained, and very elastic. It is preferred to all other kinds of wood for bows and whipstocks, the best for these purposes coming from Spain.
- (n.) A bow for shooting, made of the yew.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to yew trees; made of the wood of a yew tree; as, a yew whipstock.