Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: WHELP
- (n.) One of the young of a dog or a beast of prey; a puppy; a cub; as, a lion's whelps.
- (n.) A child; a youth; -- jocosely or in contempt.
- (n.) One of the longitudinal ribs or ridges on the barrel of a capstan or a windless; -- usually in the plural; as, the whelps of a windlass.
- (n.) One of the teeth of a sprocket wheel.
- (v. i.) To bring forth young; -- said of the female of the dog and some beasts of prey.
- (v. t.) To bring forth, as cubs or young; to give birth to.