- (n.) Manner; custom; habit; form of behavior; qualities of mind; disposition; specifically, good qualities; virtues.
- (n.) Muscle or strength; nerve; brawn; sinew.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: WHET
- (n.) The act of whetting.
- (n.) That which whets or sharpens; esp., an appetizer.
- (v. t.) To rub or on with some substance, as a piece of stone, for the purpose of sharpening; to sharpen by attrition; as, to whet a knife.
- (v. t.) To make sharp, keen, or eager; to excite; to stimulate; as, to whet the appetite or the courage.