- (n.) See Wisp.
- (n.) A flock of snipe.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: WHIPS
- Beat severely with a whip or rod; "The teacher often flogged the students"; "The children were severely trounced"
- Whip with or as if with a wire whisk; "whisk the eggs"
- Thrash about flexibly in the manner of a whiplash; "The tall grass whipped in the wind"
- A quick blow delivered with a whip or whiplike object; "the whip raised a red welt"
- An instrument with a handle and a flexible lash that is used for whipping
- (golf) the flexibility of the shaft of a golf club
- A dessert made of sugar and stiffly beaten egg whites or cream and usually flavored with fruit
- A legislator appointed by the party to enforce discipline
- Subject to harsh criticism; "The Senator blistered the administration in his speech on Friday"; "the professor scaled the students"; "your invectives scorched the community"
- Defeat thoroughly; "He mopped up the floor with his opponents"
- Strike as if by whipping; "The curtain whipp