- (v. i.) To waste away; to pine; to languish.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: WIDEN
- (v. i.) To grow wide or wider; to enlarge; to spread; to extend.
- (v. t.) To make wide or wider; to extend in breadth; to increase the width of; as, to widen a field; to widen a breach; to widen a stocking.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- King of Northumbria who was converted to Christianity (585-633)
- (v. t.) To indue.
- Treat to wine; "Our relatives in Italy wined and dined us for a week"
- Drink wine