Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: WIN
- (a.) To gain by superiority in competition or contest; to obtain by victory over competitors or rivals; as, to win the prize in a gate; to win money; to win a battle, or to win a country.
- (a.) To allure to kindness; to bring to compliance; to gain or obtain, as by solicitation or courtship.
- (a.) To gain over to one's side or party; to obtain the favor, friendship, or support of; to render friendly or approving; as, to win an enemy; to win a jury.
- (a.) To come to by toil or effort; to reach; to overtake.
- (a.) To extract, as ore or coal.
- (v. i.) To gain the victory; to be successful; to triumph; to prevail.