- (v.) To possess; to have, as the rightful owner; to own.
- (v.) To have or possess, as something derived or bestowed; to be obliged to ascribe (something to some source); to be indebted or obliged for; as, he owed his wealth to his father; he owed his victory to his lieutenants.
- (v.) Hence: To have or be under an obigation to restore, pay, or render (something) in return or compensation for something received; to be indebted in the sum of; as, the subject owes allegiance; the fortunate owe assistance to the unfortunate.
- (v.) To have an obligation to (some one) on account of something done or received; to be indebted to; as, to iwe the grocer for supplies, or a laborer for services.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: WOE
- (a.) Woeful; sorrowful.
- (n.) Grief; sorrow; misery; heavy calamity.
- (n.) A curse; a malediction.