Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: WORRY
- (n.) A state of undue solicitude; a state of disturbance from care and anxiety; vexation; anxiety; fret; as, to be in a worry.
- (v. i.) To feel or express undue care and anxiety; to manifest disquietude or pain; to be fretful; to chafe; as, the child worries; the horse worries.
- (v. t.) To harass by pursuit and barking; to attack repeatedly; also, to tear or mangle with the teeth.
- (v. t.) To harass or beset with importunity, or with care an anxiety; to vex; to annoy; to torment; to tease; to fret; to trouble; to plague.
- (v. t.) To harass with labor; to fatigue.