- (n.) Alt. of Wear
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: WRIE
- (a. & v.) See Wry.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) Same as Weir.
- (n.) A thread or slender rod of metal; a metallic substance formed to an even thread by being passed between grooved rollers, or drawn through holes in a plate of steel.
- (n.) A telegraph wire or cable; hence, an electric telegraph; as, to send a message by wire.
- (v. t.) To bind with wire; to attach with wires; to apply wire to; as, to wire corks in bottling liquors.
- (v. t.) To put upon a wire; as, to wire beads.
- (v. t.) To snare by means of a wire or wires.
- (v. t.) To send (a message) by telegraph.
- (v. i.) To pass like a wire; to flow in a wirelike form, or in a tenuous stream.
- (v. i.) To send a telegraphic message.