Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: WRY
- (a.) To twist; to distort; to writhe; to wrest; to vex.
- (superl.) Turned to one side; twisted; distorted; as, a wry mouth.
- (superl.) Hence, deviating from the right direction; misdirected; out of place; as, wry words.
- (superl.) Wrested; perverted.
- (v. i.) To twist; to writhe; to bend or wind.
- (v. i.) To deviate from the right way; to go away or astray; to turn side; to swerve.
- (v. t.) To cover.