- (n.) A fabric of twine, thread, or the like, wrought or woven into meshes, and used for catching fish, birds, butterflies, etc.
- (n.) Anything designed or fitted to entrap or catch; a snare; any device for catching and holding.
- (n.) Anything wrought or woven in meshes; as, a net for the hair; a mosquito net; a tennis net.
- (n.) A figure made up of a large number of straight lines or curves, which are connected at certain points and related to each other by some specified law.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: YEN
- (n.) The unit of value and account in Japan. Since Japan's adoption of the gold standard, in 1897, the value of the yen has been about 50 cents. The yen is equal to 100 sen.
- (pl.) of Ye
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a. & adv.) Nigh.
- (n.) A brood or flock of pheasants.