WHAT'S THIS WORD is a crossword solver & word finder.
Need crossword puzzle help?
Can't figure out a word or words in your crossword puzzle? Search thousands of crossword puzzle answers on WHAT'S THIS WORD.
Just enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) that you don't know.
It's probably one of these:
- (n.) A piece of pork cut lower down than the sparerib, and destitute of fat.
- (v. t.) To handle; to wear or soil by handling; as books.
- (n.) The cob or axis on which the kernels of Indian corn grow.
- (n.) The standard unit of quantity in electrical measurements. It is the quantity of electricity conveyed in one second by the current produced by an electro-motive force of one volt acting in a circuit having a resistance of one ohm, or the quantity transferred by one ampere in one second. Formerly called weber.
- (n.) A strip of red cloth notched like the comb of a cock, which licensed jesters formerly wore in their caps.
- (n.) The cap itself.
- (n.) The top of the head, or the head itself
- (n.) A vain, showy fellow; a conceited, silly man, fond of display; a superficial pretender to knowledge or accomplishments; a fop.
- (n.) A name given to several plants of different genera, but particularly to Celosia cristata, or garden cockscomb. Same as Cockscomb.
- (v. t.) To tear limb from limb; to dismember.
- (n.) Disturbance.
- (v. t.) To throw into disorder or confusion; to derange; to interrupt the settled state of; to excite from a state of rest.
- (v. t.) To agitate the mind of; to deprive of tranquillity; to disquiet; to render uneasy; as, a person is disturbed by receiving an insult, or his mind is disturbed by envy.
- (v. t.) To turn from a regular or designed course.
- (v. i.) Alt. of Hobandnob
- Alt. of Mozarabic
- (n.) One of a denomination of Christians formerly living under the government of the Moors in Spain, and having a liturgy and ritual of their own.
- (n.) An extreme member or part of a thing; a limb.
- (v. t.) To disturb; to agitate; to vex; to trouble; to disquiet.
- (v. t.) To disorder; to confuse.
- (n.) An old and common saying; a phrase which is often repeated; especially, a sentence which briefly and forcibly expresses some practical truth, or the result of experience and observation; a maxim; a saw; an adage.
- (n.) A striking or paradoxical assertion; an obscure saying; an enigma; a parable.
- (n.) A familiar illustration; a subject of contemptuous reference.
- (n.) A drama exemplifying a proverb.
- (v. i.) To write or utter proverbs.
- (v. t.) To name in, or as, a proverb.
- (v. t.) To provide with a proverb.