WHAT'S THIS WORD is a crossword solver & word finder.
Need crossword puzzle help?
Can't figure out a word or words in your crossword puzzle? Search thousands of crossword puzzle answers on WHAT'S THIS WORD.
Just enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) that you don't know.
It's probably one of these:
- (n.) A catalogue of persons, for the rest of whose souls a certain number of prayers are to be said or counted off on the beads of a chaplet; hence, a catalogue in general.
- (n.) A kind of salmon (Salmo Cambricus) found in Wales.
- (n.) A cistern in the course, or the termination, of a drain, to collect sedimentary or superfluous matter; a privy vault; any receptacle of filth.
- (v. t.) Impure carbon prepared from vegetable or animal substances; esp., coal made by charring wood in a kiln, retort, etc., from which air is excluded. It is used for fuel and in various mechanical, artistic, and chemical processes.
- (v. t.) Finely prepared charcoal in small sticks, used as a drawing implement.
- (n.) A stupid fellow; a dolt.
- (n.) See Clodpoll.
- Deed Poll
- A deed of one part, or executed by only one party, and distinguished from an indenture by having the edge of the parchment or paper cut even, or polled as it was anciently termed, instead of being indented.
- (n.) A stupid person; a fool; a blockhead.
- (a.) Alt. of Entozoic
- (a.) Pertaining to, or advocating, the non-extension of slavery; -- esp. applied to a party which was active during the period 1846-1856.
- Fusel Oil
- A hot, acrid, oily liquid, accompanying many alcoholic liquors (as potato whisky, corn whisky, etc.), as an undesirable ingredient, and consisting of several of the higher alcohols and compound ethers, but particularly of amyl alcohol; hence, specifically applied to amyl alcohol.
- (n.) See Garefowl.
- Game Fowl
- A handsome breed of the common fowl, remarkable for the great courage and pugnacity of the males.
- (n.) The great auk; also, the razorbill. See Auk.
- (n.) A tool used by turners in metal, having a bend forming a heel near the cutting end.
- (v. t.) To write on a scroll; to record.
- (v. i.) To boil over or unduly.