WHAT'S THIS WORD is a crossword solver & word finder.
Need crossword puzzle help?
Can't figure out a word or words in your crossword puzzle? Search thousands of crossword puzzle answers on WHAT'S THIS WORD.
Just enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) that you don't know.
It's probably one of these:
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the acrodonts.
- (n.) One of a group of lizards having the teeth immovably united to the top of the alveolar ridge.
- (n.) Unpublished narratives.
- (n.) A particular or detached incident or fact of an interesting nature; a biographical incident or fragment; a single passage of private life.
- (n.) A remedy to counteract the effects of poison, or of anything noxious taken into the stomach; -- used with against, for, or to; as, an antidote against, for, or to, poison.
- (n.) Whatever tends to prevent mischievous effects, or to counteract evil which something else might produce.
- (v. t.) To counteract or prevent the effects of, by giving or taking an antidote.
- (v. t.) To fortify or preserve by an antidote.
- Back Door
- A door in the back part of a building; hence, an indirect way.
- (a.) Acting from behind and in concealment; as, backdoor intrigues.
- (n.) A receding or giving up; a complete surrender.
- (a.) Pertaining to, consisting of, or containing, blende.
- (v. t.) To intimidate; to restrain or coerce by intimidation or violence; -- used originally of the intimidation of negro voters, in Louisiana.
- (n.) Erroneous doctrine; heresy; heterodoxy.
- (n.) A downfall; an humiliation.
- (n.) A peculiar toothlike fossil of many forms, found especially in carboniferous rocks. Such fossils are supposed by some to be the teeth of marsipobranch fishes, but they are probably the jaws of annelids.
- (n.) The sound of, or as of, repeated strokes on a metallic body, as a bell; a repeated and monotonous sound.
- (n.) An attachment to a clock by which the quarter hours are struck upon bells of different tones.
- (v. t.) To deprive of ornaments.
- (n.) Doom or sentence decreed in advance.
- (v. t.) To doom beforehand; to predestinate.