WHAT'S THIS WORD is a crossword solver & word finder.
Need crossword puzzle help?
Can't figure out a word or words in your crossword puzzle? Search thousands of crossword puzzle answers on WHAT'S THIS WORD.
Just enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) that you don't know.
It's probably one of these:
- (a.) Dark-visaged; swart.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Blackball
- (a.) Having black eyebrows. Hence: Gloomy; dismal; threatening; forbidding.
- Black Letter
- The old English or Gothic letter, in which the Early English manuscripts were written, and the first English books were printed. It was conspicuous for its blackness. See Type.
- (a.) Written or printed in black letter; as, a black-letter manuscript or book.
- (a.) Given to the study of books in black letter; that is, of old books; out of date.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the days in the calendar not marked with red letters as saints' days. Hence: Unlucky; inauspicious.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Blackmail
- (n.) One who extorts, or endeavors to extort, money, by black mailing.
- Black Monday
- Easter Monday, so called from the severity of that day in 1360, which was so unusual that many of Edward III.'s soldiers, then before Paris, died from the cold.
- The first Monday after the holidays; -- so called by English schoolboys.
- (n.) One who makes crude potash, or black salts.
- (a.) Stupid; dull.