WHAT'S THIS WORD is a crossword puzzle solver & word finder.
Need crossword puzzle help?
Can't figure out a word or words in your crossword puzzle? Search thousands of crossword puzzle answers on WHAT'S THIS WORD.
Just enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) that you don't know.
It's probably one of these:
- (n.) An elementary substance; a metal which combined with oxygen forms lime. It is of a pale yellow color, tenacious, and malleable. It is a member of the alkaline earth group of elements. Atomic weight 40. Symbol Ca.
- (n.) The pronunciation of the Greek / (eta) like the Italian e long, that is like a in the English word ate. See Itacism.
- (n.) A prop or support.
- (n.) That by which a lever is sustained, or about which it turns in lifting or moving a body.
- (n.) An accessory organ such as a tendril, stipule, spine, and the like.
- (n.) The horny inferior surface of the lingua of certain insects.
- (n.) One of the small, spiniform scales found on the front edge of the dorsal and caudal fins of many ganoid fishes.
- (n.) The connective tissue supporting the framework of the retina of the eye.
- (n.) An idiom of the Greek language; a Hellenism.
- (n.) Irishism.
- (n.) Pronunciation of / (eta) as the modern Greeks pronounce it, that is, like e in the English word be. This was the pronunciation advocated by Reu/hlin and his followers, in opposition to the etacism of Erasmus. See Etacism.
- (n.) One of the special zooids, or cells, of Bryozoa, destined to receive and develop ova; an ovicell. See Bryozoa.
- (n.) The European blue titmouse.
- (n.) A point.
- (n.) A sacred place; hence, a place of retreat; a room reserved for personal use; as, an editor's sanctum.
- (n.) A keen, reproachful expression; a satirical remark uttered with some degree of scorn or contempt; a taunt; a gibe; a cutting jest.
- Sea Clam
- Any one of the large bivalve mollusks found on the open seacoast, especially those of the family Mactridae, as the common American species. (Mactra, / Spisula, solidissima); -- called also beach clam, and surf clam.
- (n.) Selfishness; egoism.
- (n.) A mode of speech peculiar to the Turks; a Turkish idiom or expression; also, in general, a Turkish mode or custom.