- (v. i.) The act or state of knowing; clear perception of fact, truth, or duty; certain apprehension; familiar cognizance; cognition.
- (v. i.) That which is or may be known; the object of an act of knowing; a cognition; -- chiefly used in the plural.
- (v. i.) That which is gained and preserved by knowing; instruction; acquaintance; enlightenment; learning; scholarship; erudition.
- (v. i.) That familiarity which is gained by actual experience; practical skill; as, a knowledge of life.
- (v. i.) Scope of information; cognizance; notice; as, it has not come to my knowledge.
- (v. i.) Sexual intercourse; -- usually preceded by carnal; as, carnal knowledge.
- (v. t.) To acknowledge.