Click or tap here to find out how this works

WHAT'S THIS WORD is a crossword solver & word finder.

Need crossword puzzle help?

Can't figure out a word or words in your crossword puzzle? Search thousands of crossword puzzle answers on WHAT'S THIS WORD.

Just enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) that you don't know.

e.g. ???daddle


It's probably one of these:


(n.) See Barbel.


(n.) Refuse; rubbish.
(n.) Impurities separated from spices, drugs, etc.; -- also called garblings.
(v. t.) To sift or bolt, to separate the fine or valuable parts of from the coarse and useless parts, or from dros or dirt; as, to garble spices.
(v. t.) To pick out such parts of as may serve a purpose; to mutilate; to pervert; as, to garble a quotation; to garble an account.


(v. t.) To wet; to bemire.


(a.) Made of, or resembling, marble; as, a marble mantel; marble paper.
(a.) Cold; hard; unfeeling; as, a marble breast or heart.
(n.) A massive, compact limestone; a variety of calcite, capable of being polished and used for architectural and ornamental purposes. The color varies from white to black, being sometimes yellow, red, and green, and frequently beautifully veined or clouded. The name is also given to other rocks of like use and appearance, as serpentine or verd antique marble, and less properly to polished porphyry, granite, etc.
(n.) A thing made of, or resembling, marble, as a work of art, or record, in marble; or, in the plural, a collection of such works; as, the Arundel or Arundelian marbles; the Elgin marbles.
(n.) A little ball of marble, or of some other hard substance, used as a plaything by children; or, in the plural, a child's game played with marbles.
(n.) To stain or vein like marble; to variegate in color; as, to marble the edges of a book, or the surface of paper.


(n.) A small, hard tumor which is produced on the back of a horse by the heat or pressure of the saddle in traveling.
(n.) A small tumor produced by the larvae of the gadfly in the backs of horses, cattle, etc. Called also warblet, warbeetle, warnles.
(n.) See Wormil.
(n.) A quavering modulation of the voice; a musical trill; a song.
(v. i.) To be quavered or modulated; to be uttered melodiously.
(v. i.) To sing in a trilling manner, or with many turns and variations.
(v. i.) To sing with sudden changes from chest to head tones; to yodel.
(v. t.) To sing in a trilling, quavering, or vibratory manner; to modulate with turns or variations; to trill; as, certain birds are remarkable for warbling their songs.
(v. t.) To utter musically; to modulate; to carol.
(v. t.) To cause to quaver or vibrate.


(v. i.) To whirl; to eddy.


(n.) See Wormil.