WHAT'S THIS WORD is a crossword solver & word finder.
Need crossword puzzle help?
Can't figure out a word or words in your crossword puzzle? Search thousands of crossword puzzle answers on WHAT'S THIS WORD.
Just enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) that you don't know.
It's probably one of these:
- (n.) Alt. of Bedell
- (n.) The Abyssinian or Arabian ibex (Capra Nubiana). It is probably the wild goat of the Bible.
- (v. t.) To moisten with dew, or as with dew.
- (v. t.) To adorn with gems, or as with gems.
- (v. t.) To procreate, as a father or sire; to generate; -- commonly said of the father.
- (v. t.) To get (with child.)
- (v. t.) To produce as an effect; to cause to exist.
- (n.) Alt. of Behn
- (v. t.) To place under the lee, or unfavorably to the wind.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Bemeet
- (v. t.) To catch in a net; to insnare.
- (v. t. & i.) To see; to look; to mind.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Beset
- (v. t.) To set or stud (anything) with ornaments or prominent objects.
- (v. t.) To hem in; to waylay; to surround; to besiege; to blockade.
- (v. t.) To set upon on all sides; to perplex; to harass; -- said of dangers, obstacles, etc.
- (v. t.) To occupy; to employ; to use up.
- (n.) A species of pepper (Piper betle), the leaves of which are chewed, with the areca or betel nut and a little shell lime, by the inhabitants of the East Indies. It is a woody climber with ovate many-nerved leaves.
- (a.) Having the slant of a bevel; slanting.
- (a.) Hence: Morally distorted; not upright.
- (n.) Any angle other than a right angle; the angle which one surface makes with another when they are not at right angles; the slant or inclination of such surface; as, to give a bevel to the edge of a table or a stone slab; the bevel of a piece of timber.
- (n.) An instrument consisting of two rules or arms, jointed together at one end, and opening to any angle, for adjusting the surfaces of work to the same or a given inclination; -- called also a bevel square.
- (v. i.) To deviate or incline from an angle of 90¡, as a surface; to slant.
- (v. t.) To cut to a bevel angle; to slope the edge or surface of.
- (n.) A light repast between meals; a lunch.
- (v. i.) To take a light repast between meals.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Bewet
- (v. t.) To wet or moisten.
- (n.) The rim which encompasses and fastens a jewel or other object, as the crystal of a watch, in the cavity in which it is set.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Cede