WHAT'S THIS WORD is a crossword solver & word finder.
Need crossword puzzle help?
Can't figure out a word or words in your crossword puzzle? Search thousands of crossword puzzle answers on WHAT'S THIS WORD.
Just enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) that you don't know.
It's probably one of these:
- (v. t.) To amalgamate and blend; to beat up or mix in water, as clay.
- (n.) A fluoride.
- (pl.) of Pluma
- (n.) The act of thrusting into or submerging; a dive, leap, rush, or pitch into, or as into, water; as, to take the water with a plunge.
- (n.) Hence, a desperate hazard or act; a state of being submerged or overwhelmed with difficulties.
- (n.) The act of pitching or throwing one's self headlong or violently forward, like an unruly horse.
- (n.) Heavy and reckless betting in horse racing; hazardous speculation.
- (v. i.) To thrust or cast one's self into water or other fluid; to submerge one's self; to dive, or to rush in; as, he plunged into the river. Also used figuratively; as, to plunge into debt.
- (v. i.) To pitch or throw one's self headlong or violently forward, as a horse does.
- (v. i.) To bet heavily and with seeming recklessness on a race, or other contest; in an extended sense, to risk large sums in hazardous speculations.
- (v. t.) To thrust into water, or into any substance that is penetrable; to immerse; to cause to penetrate or enter quickly and forcibly; to thrust; as, to plunge the body into water; to plunge a dagger into the breast. Also used figuratively; as, to plunge a nation into war.
- (v. t.) To baptize by immersion.
- (v. t.) To entangle; to embarrass; to overcome.
- (n.) Mud; mire; soft mud; slush.
- (n.) Small floating pieces of ice, or masses of saturated snow.
- (n.) See Slime, 4.
- (n.) An artifical passage for water, fitted with a valve or gate, as in a mill stream, for stopping or regulating the flow; also, a water gate or flood gate.
- (n.) Hence, an opening or channel through which anything flows; a source of supply.
- (n.) The stream flowing through a flood gate.
- (n.) A long box or trough through which water flows, -- used for washing auriferous earth.
- (v. t.) To emit by, or as by, flood gates.
- (v. t.) To wet copiously, as by opening a sluice; as, to sluice meadows.
- (v. t.) To wash with, or in, a stream of water running through a sluice; as, to sluice eart or gold dust in mining.