WHAT'S THIS WORD is a crossword solver & word finder.
Need crossword puzzle help?
Can't figure out a word or words in your crossword puzzle? Search thousands of crossword puzzle answers on WHAT'S THIS WORD.
Just enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) that you don't know.
It's probably one of these:
- (v. t.) To have previous knowledge of; to know beforehand.
- (n.) The ensign or standard in use by certain princes or states, such as the mediaeval republics of Italy, and in more recent times by the pope.
- (n.) A name popularly given to any flag which hangs from a crosspiece or frame instead of from the staff or the mast itself.
- (n.) One who governs; especially, one who is invested with the supreme executive authority in a State; a chief ruler or magistrate; as, the governor of Pennsylvania.
- (n.) One who has the care or guardianship of a young man; a tutor; a guardian.
- (n.) A pilot; a steersman.
- (n.) A contrivance applied to steam engines, water wheels, and other machinery, to maintain nearly uniform speed when the resistances and motive force are variable.
- (adv.) See Hobnob.
- (n.) The of itself unknown and unknowable rational object, or thing in itself, which is distinguished from the phenomenon through which it is apprehended by the senses, and by which it is interpreted and understood; -- so used in the philosophy of Kant and his followers.
- (pl.) of Soprano