WHAT'S THIS WORD is a crossword solver & word finder.
Need crossword puzzle help?
Can't figure out a word or words in your crossword puzzle? Search thousands of crossword puzzle answers on WHAT'S THIS WORD.
Just enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) that you don't know.
It's probably one of these:
- (n.) The act or process of preparing liquors which are brewed, as beer and ale.
- (n.) The quantity brewed at once.
- (n.) A mixing together.
- (n.) A gathering or forming of a storm or squall, indicated by thick, dark clouds.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Brew
- (a.) Believing; giving credence; credulous.
- (a.) Having credit or authority; credible.
- (n.) A superior kind of violin, formerly made at Cremona, in Italy.
- (n.) An injury in a horse's leg, caused by the shoe of one hind foot striking and cutting the other leg. It sometimes forms an ulcer.
- (adv.) Before the /apse of a long time; soon; -- usually separated, ere long.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Free
- (n.) A payment or stipend; esp., the stipend or maintenance granted to a prebendary out of the estate of a cathedral or collegiate church with which he is connected. See Note under Benefice.
- (n.) A prebendary.
- (n.) One who prays.
- (n.) Any commandment, instruction, or order intended as an authoritative rule of action; esp., a command respecting moral conduct; an injunction; a rule.
- (n.) A command in writing; a species of writ or process.
- (v. t.) To limit beforehand.
- (v. t.) To lay hold of; to seize.
- (a.) Being at hand, within reach or call, within certain contemplated limits; -- opposed to absent.
- (a.) Now existing, or in process; begun but not ended; now in view, or under consideration; being at this time; not past or future; as, the present session of Congress; the present state of affairs; the present instance.
- (a.) Not delayed; immediate; instant; coincident.
- (a.) Ready; quick in emergency; as a present wit.
- (a.) Favorably attentive; propitious.
- (a.) Present time; the time being; time in progress now, or at the moment contemplated; as, at this present.
- (a.) Present letters or instrument, as a deed of conveyance, a lease, letter of attorney, or other writing; as in the phrase, " Know all men by these presents," that is, by the writing itself, " per has literas praesentes; " -- in this sense, rarely used in the singular.
- (a.) A present tense, or the form of the verb denoting the present tense.
- (a.) To bring or introduce into the presence of some one, especially of a superior; to introduce formally; to offer for acquaintance; as, to present an envoy to the king; (with the reciprocal pronoun) to come into the presence of a superior.
- (a.) To exhibit or offer to view or notice; to lay before one's perception or cognizance; to set forth; to present a fine appearance.
- (a.) To pass over, esp. in a ceremonious manner; to give in charge or possession; to deliver; to make over.
- (a.) To make a gift of; to bestow; to give, generally in a formal or ceremonious manner; to grant; to confer.
- (a.) Hence: To endow; to bestow a gift upon; to favor, as with a donation; also, to court by gifts.
- (a.) To present; to personate.
- (a.) To nominate to an ecclesiastical benefice; to offer to the bishop or ordinary as a candidate for institution.
- (a.) To nominate for support at a public school or other institution .
- (a.) To lay before a public body, or an official, for consideration, as before a legislature, a court of judicature, a corporation, etc.; as, to present a memorial, petition, remonstrance, or indictment.
- (a.) To lay before a court as an object of inquiry; to give notice officially of, as a crime of offence; to find or represent judicially; as, a grand jury present certain offenses or nuisances, or whatever they think to be public injuries.
- (a.) To bring an indictment against .
- (a.) To aim, point, or direct, as a weapon; as, to present a pistol or the point of a sword to the breast of another.
- (n.) Anything presented or given; a gift; a donative; as, a Christmas present.
- (n.) The position of a soldier in presenting arms; as, to stand at present.
- (v. i.) To appear at the mouth of the uterus so as to be perceptible to the finger in vaginal examination; -- said of a part of an infant during labor.
- (v. i.) To put in, or make, a claim, truly or falsely; to allege a title; to lay claim to, or strive after, something; -- usually with to.
- (v. i.) To hold out the appearance of being, possessing, or performing; to profess; to make believe; to feign; to sham; as, to pretend to be asleep.
- (v. t.) To lay a claim to; to allege a title to; to claim.
- (v. t.) To hold before, or put forward, as a cloak or disguise for something else; to exhibit as a veil for something hidden.
- (v. t.) To hold out, or represent, falsely; to put forward, or offer, as true or real (something untrue or unreal); to show hypocritically, or for the purpose of deceiving; to simulate; to feign; as, to pretend friendship.
- (v. t.) To intend; to design; to plot; to attempt.
- (v. t.) To hold before one; to extend.