- (n.) See Alley, a marble or taw.
- (v.) A relative; a kinsman.
- (v.) One united to another by treaty or league; -- usually applied to sovereigns or states; a confederate.
- (v.) Anything associated with another as a helper; an auxiliary.
- (v.) Anything akin to another by structure, etc.
- (v. t.) To unite, or form a connection between, as between families by marriage, or between princes and states by treaty, league, or confederacy; -- often followed by to or with.
- (v. t.) To connect or form a relation between by similitude, resemblance, friendship, or love.