WHAT'S THIS WORD is a crossword solver & word finder.
Need crossword puzzle help?
Can't figure out a word or words in your crossword puzzle? Search thousands of crossword puzzle answers on WHAT'S THIS WORD.
Just enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) that you don't know.
It's probably one of these:
- (n.) Alt. of Carbonado
- (v. t.) To cut (meat) across for frying or broiling; to cut or slice and broil.
- (v. t.) To cut or hack, as in fighting.
- (n.) Flesh, fowl, etc., cut across, seasoned, and broiled on coals; a chop.
- (n.) A black variety of diamond, found in Brazil, and used for diamond drills. It occurs in irregular or rounded fragments, rarely distinctly crystallized, with a texture varying from compact to porous.
- (v. t.) Alt. of Carbonade
- (pl.) of Carbonaro
- (n.) A member of a secret political association in Italy, organized in the early part of the nineteenth centry for the purpose of changing the government into a republic.
- (n.) A salt or carbonic acid, as in limestone, some forms of lead ore, etc.
- (n.) Prison fees.
- (n.) A stiff compact pasteboard of various qualities, for making cards, etc., often having a polished surface.
- (n.) Expense of careening ships.
- (n.) A place for careening.
- (n.) A kind of short cannon, formerly in use, designed to throw a large projectile with small velocity, used for the purpose of breaking or smashing in, rather than piercing, the object aimed at, as the side of a ship. It has no trunnions, but is supported on its carriage by a bolt passing through a loop on its under side.
- (n.) A talebearer.
- (n.) A translucent, elastic tissue; gristle.
- (n.) A register, or record, as of a monastery or church.
- (n.) An ecclesiastical officer who had charge of records or other public papers.
- (v. i.) To exhibit mental activity; to have the brain in action.
- (n.) A writing on wax.
- (a.) Rolled together downward, the tip occupying the center; -- a term used in reference to foliation or leafing, as in ferns.
- (v. t.) To make a circle around; to encompass.
- (a.) Circular; illogical.
- (v. i.) To move in a circle or circuitously; to move round and return to the same point; as, the blood circulates in the body.
- (v. i.) To pass from place to place, from person to person, or from hand to hand; to be diffused; as, money circulates; a story circulates.
- (v. t.) To cause to pass from place to place, or from person to person; to spread; as, to circulate a report; to circulate bills of credit.