WHAT'S THIS WORD is a crossword solver & word finder.
Need crossword puzzle help?
Can't figure out a word or words in your crossword puzzle? Search thousands of crossword puzzle answers on WHAT'S THIS WORD.
Just enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) that you don't know.
It's probably one of these:
- (n.) The act of delivering possession of lands or tenements.
- (n.) The writ by which possession is obtained.
- (n.) Release from wardship; deliverance.
- (n.) That which is delivered out statedly or formally, as clothing, food, etc.
- (n.) The uniform clothing issued by feudal superiors to their retainers and serving as a badge when in military service.
- (n.) The peculiar dress by which the servants of a nobleman or gentleman are distinguished; as, a claret-colored livery.
- (n.) Hence, also, the peculiar dress or garb appropriated by any association or body of persons to their own use; as, the livery of the London tradesmen, of a priest, of a charity school, etc.; also, the whole body or company of persons wearing such a garb, and entitled to the privileges of the association; as, the whole livery of London.
- (n.) Hence, any characteristic dress or outward appearance.
- (n.) An allowance of food statedly given out; a ration, as to a family, to servants, to horses, etc.
- (n.) The feeding, stabling, and care of horses for compensation; boarding; as, to keep one's horses at livery.
- (n.) The keeping of horses in readiness to be hired temporarily for riding or driving; the state of being so kept.
- (n.) A low grade of wool.
- (v. t.) To clothe in, or as in, livery.
- (n.) See Louver.