- (n.) The act of sending, or the state of being sent; a being sent or delegated by authority, with certain powers for transacting business; comission.
- (n.) That with which a messenger or agent is charged; an errand; business or duty on which one is sent; a commission.
- (n.) Persons sent; any number of persons appointed to perform any service; a delegation; an embassy.
- (n.) An assotiation or organization of missionaries; a station or residence of missionaries.
- (n.) An organization for worship and work, dependent on one or more churches.
- (n.) A course of extraordinary sermons and services at a particular place and time for the special purpose of quickening the faith and zeal participants, and of converting unbelievers.
- (n.) Dismission; discharge from service.
- (v. t.) To send on a mission.