WHAT'S THIS WORD is a crossword solver & word finder.
Need crossword puzzle help?
Can't figure out a word or words in your crossword puzzle? Search thousands of crossword puzzle answers on WHAT'S THIS WORD.
Just enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) that you don't know.
It's probably one of these:
- (pl.) of Nucellus
- (a.) Alt. of Nuclear
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a nucleus; as, the nuclear spindle (see Illust. of Karyokinesis) or the nuclear fibrils of a cell; the nuclear part of a comet, etc.
- (n.) A constituent of the nuclei of all cells. It is a colorless amorphous substance, readily soluble in alkaline fluids and especially characterized by its comparatively large content of phosphorus. It also contains nitrogen and sulphur.
- (n.) A kernel; hence, a central mass or point about which matter is gathered, or to which accretion is made; the central or material portion; -- used both literally and figuratively.
- (n.) The body or the head of a comet.
- (n.) An incipient ovule of soft cellular tissue.
- (n.) A whole seed, as contained within the seed coats.
- (n.) A body, usually spheroidal, in a cell or a protozoan, distinguished from the surrounding protoplasm by a difference in refrangibility and in behavior towards chemical reagents. It is more or less protoplasmic, and consists of a clear fluid (achromatin) through which extends a network of fibers (chromatin) in which may be suspended a second rounded body, the nucleolus (see Nucleoplasm). See Cell division, under Division.
- (n.) The tip, or earliest part, of a univalve or bivalve shell.
- (n.) The central part around which additional growths are added, as of an operculum.
- (n.) A visceral mass, containing the stomach and other organs, in Tunicata and some mollusks.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Nudge
- (a.) To make void; to render invalid; to deprive of legal force or efficacy.
- (n.) The quality or state of being null; nothingness; want of efficacy or force.
- (n.) Nonexistence; as, a decree of nullity of marriage is a decree that no legal marriage exists.
- (n.) That which is null.
- (n.) pl. of Number. The fourth book of the Pentateuch, containing the census of the Hebrews.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Numb
- (n.) Of or pertaining to number; consisting of number or numerals.
- (n.) Expressing number; representing number; as, numeral letters or characters, as X or 10 for ten.
- (n.) A figure or character used to express a number; as, the Arabic numerals, 1, 2, 3, etc.; the Roman numerals, I, V, X, L, etc.
- (n.) A word expressing a number.
- (n.) Alt. of Numerical
- (n.) Any number, proper or improper fraction, or incommensurable ratio. The term also includes any imaginary expression like m + nĂ-1, where m and n are real numerics.