WHAT'S THIS WORD is a crossword solver & word finder.
Need crossword puzzle help?
Can't figure out a word or words in your crossword puzzle? Search thousands of crossword puzzle answers on WHAT'S THIS WORD.
Just enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) that you don't know.
It's probably one of these:
- (n.) A high, bleak plateau or district, with stunted trees, and cold, damp atmosphere, as in the Andes, in South America.
- (n.) The South American hairy armadillo (Dasypus villosus).
- (n.) A chilblain.
- (n.) A variety of shaddock, called also grape fruit.
- (n.) A kind of cloak worn by the Spanish Americans, having the form of a blanket, with a slit in the middle for the head to pass through. A kind of poncho made of rubber or painted cloth is used by the mounted troops in the United States service.
- (n.) A trade name for camlets, or stout worsteds.
- (n.) A red African antelope (Kobus Vardoni) allied to the water buck.
- (n.) A plant (Solanum tuberosum) of the Nightshade family, and its esculent farinaceous tuber, of which there are numerous varieties used for food. It is native of South America, but a form of the species is found native as far north as New Mexico.
- (n.) The sweet potato (see below).
- (a.) Quickly; immediately; in haste; suddenly.
- (a.) Quickly; rapidly; -- a direction for a quick, lively movement or performance; quicker than allegro, or any rate of time except prestissimo.
- (n.) A communistic building erected by certain Indian tribes of Arizona and New Mexico. It is often of large size and several stories high, and is usually built either of stone or adobe. The term is also applied to any Indian village in the same region.
- (n.) A hog.